Other Plats Added


By dhowell - Posted on 28 December 2007

The second plat was added in 1837. This was in two parts--one on the west side, and another on the east side of the river. Other additions were made from time to time, the Granger and Morgan addition south of City Road, the Torrey addition, the Case addition, south of the New York Central railroad, the Cowan addition, north of the Ypsilanti branch of the railroad and the Corey addition on Ann Arbor Hill. The Case addition south of the L. S. & M. S. R. R. was laid out in half-acre lots by Barnabas Case.

Warren Kimble's stone boat factory stood just east of the river and south of the Main Street bridge.