Ward School Opens Again


By dhowell - Posted on 02 January 2008

The little brick school on the public square, which had been closed since 1867, was reopened in 1885 to take care of the overflow because the high school was operating at capacity. First and second grade pupils living in the west part of the village attended the Ward School.